Friday, January 8, 2010

Still at it...

Has it really been 2 weeks since I last signed on? I’d love to brag that I was too busy training, but that wasn’t it. While I have done everything my coach asked of me, I suspect my coach was taking it easier on me because of my bum wrist. It did end up being fractured, but by the time they figured that out a week had passed, and they just left me in my splint. I’ve been unable to swim since then, but have made up the time with running and biking.

I ran last weekend, almost 10 miles. It was supposed to be 10 miles but I missed one little section. I realized it later on and had a plan to make it up, but I had to go to the bathroom so badly I just couldn’t add anything more. As it was I ran into the house and straight to the bathroom. It was a good run though, about 8:45 pace. I will be thrilled to run my half marathon that fast.

I do have a race Sunday, a 10K. The weather is supposed to be dry, but in the upper 20’s. That might be good for a run, once I get warmed up. It is another small field, which is much easier to get going than when you are tripping over people. I wasn’t worried at all about the race, until I got my coach’s last email. She is hoping for 8 minute/mile pace. I ran my last 10K at about 8:10, and that was after being sick for a couple of weeks, so I guess it is possible. Unfortunately that 5K I did a few weeks ago smashed my confidence. That said, I am more prepared for this race than that one, and once the race starts I know I will give it my all.

My bike has been in the shop for a week, getting checked out after my spill last month. I finally get to pick it up later today. I’m so excited! Maybe I can take it back out next weekend. Of course it needs to warm up first. There is no way I’m going riding outside when it is in the 20’s!

See you Sunday afternoon after the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment