Friday, August 27, 2010

It is just 3 hours!

With 20 minutes until I must leave for my next race what better to do than blog.  It should be a better use of time than pacing!

I must confess that I haven’t written much lately because I’ve been a bit down on myself.  I didn’t want to spend my energy thinking about my condition, but I also didn’t find a constructive use for said energy.  Finally, after speaking to coach about how I was feeling she thought I was a bit burnt out, and had worked myself into a mental hole.  A mini-break was due!

I took several days off, with my only workout an open swim.  It was the swim that I think did the trick.  I felt comfortable in the water, which removed much of my anxiety over the upcoming swim (scheduled to be too warm for wetsuits).  I’m still a bit concerned, and probably will be until I finish the swim without too much trouble.  But it is better!

My other concern has been the temperature.  It has been so hot in Houston, that the thought of a three hour race just wasn’t very exciting.  It hasn’t gotten any more exciting since my swim, but I am resigned to deal with it.  What the heck, everyone else will be running in the same heat!  The best news I’ve gotten in days was that it was only 85 today at 10:30, and I hope to be finished around that time.

The second best news?  I signed up for another similar race next weekend!  My first back-to-back races since I learned better!  Oh well, next weekend should be wetsuit legal (and much hillier and hotter!)

As I wrap up this entry, I get a chuckle out of what I caught myself thinking:  it is just a 3 hour race!

No comments:

Post a Comment