Thursday, December 8, 2011

And so it begins

I always seem to be more excited about the season at the beginning than at the end, and why should this year be any different?  I’ve picked a few key races that are pretty exciting to me, and if my body holds up to the challenge it will be a great year!

First up for me this year is a marathon in early March.  I ran one 30 years ago and swore at the time I would never do that again.  It has taken this long, and several decent triathlon seasons to get me to try it again.  If I race any before then, it would have to be a half marathon in January.  Seeing how that is only three weeks away I’m not sure I want to take up that course.

My other two key races for 2012 are both half Ironman.  When and where aren’t so important as the distance.  The objective of these races to me seems obvious:  I feel a climb to the Ironman summit in the near future.  I know which race I want to do, the only question is when.  Will it be in 2014 like I plan, or will I be more aggressive and try in 2013?

Stay tuned to find out…

No comments:

Post a Comment