Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ready for Thanksgiving

Two days until Thanksgiving, and the annual Turkey Trot. I haven't run in a 10K in over 20 years, and just getting over a cold I'm a little nervous. I'm not so nervous about how I will do compared to others, I'm actually worried that I might not be able to perform up to the expectations of my trainer. As we discussed race strategies yesterday she mentioned an initial pace of 7:15 as perhaps being a bit too quick. I seriously doubt I can get that quick early on, maybe for the last mile if I'm feeling great. Right now I'm doing these races for run, so I don't really care about the time. At some point I will want to change that approach, and be more competitive.

If I hadn't gotten sick, I'd be aiming for a sub-50 time. I think a more realistic time for me for this race is 52-53. Then again, when the race starts and the blood is pumping hard, the body does things you don't expect. Let's aim for 52 and see how things work out...

No comments:

Post a Comment