Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Best run to date!

I'm not sure that my coach had this in mind when she schedule today's run, but I decided I wanted to see what I could do. I didn't want to push too hard knowing I have another race in just a few days, but I felt I was faster than the pace she suggested.

Six total miles: 1.5 warm up and cool down, leaving 3x1 miles in the middle with a 2 minute cool down. I thought I could do them in about 8 minutes each. Ha! 7:53, 7:37 and 7:19. I can't remember the last time I ran anything close to 7:19. Shh, don't tell anyone, but I could have run it faster, and/or for longer.

I've got a couple of short bike rides and one swim day, then I'm off to San Francisco for a trail run. It looks fairly hilly, and I living in Houston I have minimal experience on hills, but I'm going to run as hard as I can, and have fun! I'll tell you next week how it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment