Monday, August 1, 2011

Headed back to Airrosti, really??

Today, with mixed emotions, I’m headed for a visit to Airrosti.  I’m very hopeful that they will be able to give me some relief from this hamstring injury that has been plaguing me for 2 1/2 weeks.  I kept putting off this visit thinking that a bit of an easier scheduled would give it a chance to heal, but with Nationals only 3 weeks away I don’t have any more time to waste.

I indicated I had mixed emotions, which is putting it lightly.  I am VERY hopeful for the results, but I am also fairly anxious as I remember how much it hurt the first time I went in.  Compounding the concern is that it might actually be two different areas that are injured.  With only an hour until I have to leave maybe I’d be better off working on deep breathing right now!

My workouts this weekend pretty much trashed me for the rest of the day.  I wonder if the other triathletes I know feel the same way.  I mean seriously, after my Saturday and Sunday workouts, I spent most of the rest of the weekend sitting on the couch reading a book or trying to take a nap.  Is this how they all feel, or am I too old or pushing myself too hard, or just a wimp?  Maybe I’ll query some of them to see how they do it.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment