Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Keeping my chin up

With just 10 days left before my big race this year, there isn’t much I can do to improve my fitness.  At least that is what I have to tell myself as I struggle with a hamstring injury that just won’t go away.

The good news is that the pain hasn’t been so bad that I couldn’t gut it out if I needed to.  The bad news is that by not wanting to cause further damage I’ve had to cut back my running.  Coach revised my schedule, again, and removed all running until Sunday, and even that is scaled back.

At least I will be well rested come race day, although I might go stir crazy without my run workouts!  I will also need to watch my diet until race day.  I don’t want to gain weight because I’m not working out as much.

I’ve a feeling it’s going to be a long 10 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment