Monday, January 9, 2012

A rainy day

We are in the middle of a thunderstorm, which has thrown a wrench in my morning training plans.  What better excuse to provide a quick blog update.

I see that my last update was about my 2012 goals.  They haven’t changed, yet, but I’ve gotten some training under my belt which gives me some perspective on what is in store for the next couple of years.

I’m spending more time these days running that I feel like I’ve done before, and it is still climbing.  This past Saturday I ran for 1:45, and while I was tired at the end I could have done more if I needed to.  I’ve also noticed that my times have dropped significantly, even on the longer runs.

Of course no training regimen would be complete without some sort of injury or illness.  At last that is the way it seems to me!  Fortunately, unlike last year’s hamstring problem, this quirk doesn’t cause me much pain while I run, nor does it get worse as I run longer.  It’s also staying under control with a bit of ice.  Let’s hope it stays that way (or gets better).

I’m really enjoying the training this year.  I was afraid of the long runs, but so far that hasn’t been an issue.  Now I’m look forward to the runs, both the long ones and the intervals.  If I can sustain that motivation I could have a good year!

The biking is going great!  My training levels are at their highest point yet, and I haven’t had one workout yet that I couldn’t exceed.  Coach will catch on soon and raise the training levels again.  I wish I was able to ride longer on the weekends, but with the focus right now on preparing for the marathon coach won’t lengthen them any more than 2 hours.

Swimming is going ok.  The night masters class proved difficult to attend last week as I was worn out from my day workouts (and my day job).  Hopefully I can get back to it tonight.

That’s all for now.  Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment