Monday, February 13, 2012

Contain that Excitement

I recently sent Coach Kelly an email with an update on my training.  She already sees the results from my daily training, as well as any comments I might post, but I like to send her a note every now and then to fill in the gaps.

Since my training has been going so well, my update was very upbeat.  It’s hard not to be positive when everything is clicking.  My health is good and I’m meeting or exceeding all of her training requests.  Thinking back over the last few years, I can’t think of a time when it was all going this well.

Her reply was sweet, but urged caution.  “There will be ups and downs” she reminded me.  “Just contain that excitement a little bit.  Good things will happen.”

I hear her, and know she is right.  Yet with every week with things going so well, my expectations grow higher and higher.  I have one more solid week of training before I start tapering a bit for the first race of the season.  I’m not letting up, but I am trying to contain my excitement, at least a little bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment