Monday, July 16, 2012

The Long road to recovery

I know it’s been a long time.  I had such good intentions this year to keep up, then I got injured, moved twice, and then got really injured.

Four weeks ago Wednesday I fell off a ladder while installing a ceiling fan.  I couldn’t have been any more than 2-3 feet off the ground, but in my attempt to jump clear of the ladder I landed awkwardly on the mattress frame and really did a number on my ankle.

I won’t bore you with the details of how we got here, just where I am now.  I’m in a removable cast, with which I’m able to walk around fairly well – just not very far.  I’m also finally able to sit in a chair like a normal person for an extended amount of time.  I’m unable to walk normally without the cast (nor am I supposed to even try) and am still too swollen to fit into a shoe.  Training wise I’m limited to swimming, and then only with a pull buoy as kicking is still too painful.

I go back to the doctor later this week to find out if I can take the cast off and maybe start some rehab.

I might be able to do some biking on the trainer, but I’m very concerned about getting my cleat off my injured foot (no way am I going to twist it out!).

Hopefully I’ll be back in a few days with a medical update.

No comments:

Post a Comment