Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Swim test

Yesterday I was supposed to do a swim fit test, to establish where I am physically to start the year. I took my run test weeks ago and did pretty well, same with my bike test.

I dread going swimming when it's cold outside, or I'm cold. With the cold front that came through, I had little trouble talking myself out of going. Since I was supposed to send my times to coach, I had to fess up. She didn't say anything, but I felt guilt all night.

I decided that last night I would skip the scheduled run to do the swim. Again today I was cold and feared I would talk myself out of going again today. I was busy all morning, and watching the clock tick away I knew each passing minute increased the odds I would skip again.

Finally around 3 I put on my suit, grabbed my bag and headed out. I finished the test and reported them to coach even if they weren't that good. It is clear to me where I need to spend some time - my cardio just isn't up to par right now, but I knew that already.

The big news is that I came home, changed again, and headed out the door for a 6 mile run. It was my first double workout of the season and I'm beat!

So now I'm sitting here watching football with the dogs in my lap, trying desperately to stay awake until bedtime. The dogs are snoring, why can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment