Saturday, January 15, 2011

And we're off!

Tomorrow officially kicks off the new race season, with a half marathon in Sugarland. I'd love to report that I'm excited, but that would be an exaggeration. Allow me to explain...

I've had some really good runs these past few weeks, including two just this past week. And that is the problem: I feel like I've worked too hard this week to do my best tomorrow.

I mentioned that to coach, and she reminded me that this is just a training race. I'm still not sure what that means, other than I'm not going to go in fully rested. Evidentially, doing races in this manner will make me stronger. I hope so, because I don't expect to intimidate anyone with my time!

But, tomorrow at 7 am I'm going to start running. It might not be the bang I'd hoped to start the season with, but I have to start the season somehow.

And so the quest begins, the first of many steps towards my goal. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment