Monday, June 14, 2010

Too much time on my hands

Sixty miles alone on a bike gives one lots of time to think.  My runs provide a similar opportunity but to a lesser extent, and the bricks, well they give me LOTS of time!  The question is what do I think about?

Rarely do I think about or look at the scenery.  I recently drove one of my run routes and was amazed at the houses.  I could identify every rise, turn and crack in the road, but never really saw the houses.

I try not to think too much about how I feel at the moment.  I’m afraid I will realize how tired I am.  I’ve also gotten away from thinking about how far I’ve gone relative to the total planned distance.  I think that could have contributed to my undoing in Galveston.  Now I only think about what I can see.

If I don’t think about the obvious, what does that leave?  Honestly, I think about my blog.  Specifically, I think about new topics to write about, or work out the details on my next entry.

This past weekend was no exception.  With 5-6 hours of training time I worked on my next entry or two.  Without giving away too many details, one is my first entry on swimming, and another on the difficulty of endurance training.

Stick around, you won’t want to miss this!

No comments:

Post a Comment